The history of what is now called the Koornbeurs begins in 1295 when Floris V granted the right to build a meat and bread house. Here it was possible to monitor hygienically responsible trade. In 1650, the largest part of the building above the cellar was demolished, after which, according to Dutch Classicism, the beautifully ornamented building as we recognize it today was built - of stone, as was made mandatory after the city fire in 1536.
After meat no longer had to be sold centrally due to advancing conservation methods, the building lost its function in 1872 and was converted into a corn market, which explains its current name.
Before the Second World War, the basement was meanwhile used as a bicycle shed, mushroom farm and military command center, while on the upper floor the corn trade had meanwhile made room for the trade in eggs and horse manure. After the Second World War, the SSRD reformed student association moved into the basement, from 1957 the entire building. That student association, SSRD, now continues under the name Open Youth Association de Koornbeurs.
The Koornbeurs Maintenance Foundation (StOK) was founded in 1996 with the aim of taking care of the housing of the Open Youth Association the Koornbeurs in Delft. In 2004 the building was bought from the municipality of Delft. From that moment on, the StOK has been working to restore the national monument to its former glory.
For more information, please refer to the StOK website: stokdelft.nl
2611 ET Delft
2601 DC Delft
Landline: (015) 212 47 42
WhatsApp: (+31) 15 212 4742
Empirical research has shown that the association is difficult to reach on 2 January and 28 April.